For about the past 5 years I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect- or at least tolerable- mineral powder foundation under $30. I first fell in love with a higher-end mineral foundation when it was brought in as the makeup line where I was working at the time. It had great coverage and was extremely professional looking. When I moved, I was unable to find it locally and didn’t want to pay shipping so I stopped using it. After a while I decided to try using it again, but I found that it didn’t have the great coverage I had come to know. As a stay at home mom I’m always on a budget. At a price point of $44, I couldn’t reason spending that kind of money on something I didn’t absolutely love.
I searched for mineral, nontoxic and natural options with a price point of $25 or under. They’re weren’t a ton of options. In my search I came across HoneyBee Gardens Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation. At $10.99, I had to try it!
With 2 kids, my make up routine is very basic and quick. Some brands have a multiple step process including primers and finishing powders but that isn’t realistic in my life these days. I checked out their “Looks” page on their website and none of their looks include a primer or finishing powder which was perfect for me.
I tried HoneyBee Garden’s Pressed Mineral Powder in Supernatural. The end result was a nice even coverage. At first I wasn’t thrilled with how well I could see the powder when I looked close to my skin, but overtime it started to settle and looked really natural without losing the coverage. I thought I would have to keep reapplying it throughout the day, but I was wrong. I loved the soft & natural look of it that lasted throughout hours of running after a toddler and a baby!
Some things to love about this product
– Talc free, paraben free, fragrance free, oil free
– Evens out skin tone leaving a natural, silky finish
– with soothing vitamin E and gentle botanical extracts to calm skin
– adjustable even coverage; never heavy or cakey
– can be worn over foundation or directly on bare skin for a radiant finish
– refines complexion and reduces shine
– packaging is very minimal which makes it eco-friendly, but I’m also sure helps cuts the cost. They offer a compact that you can purchase to use with it for $12.99 if you prefer.
*HoneyBee Gardens was very generous in providing me with a complimentary sample of their pressed foundation but my review is my honest personal feelings when I tried it. Just look in my cosmetic bag to see how much I really liked this product!